Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7th wonder

On Monday JazzArt was invited to dance for a popular TV show here in South Africa called Top Billing, a preeminent lifestyle magazine television programme. I got to dance with the JazzArt company and trainee members in a flash mob sort of dance to celebrate Nelson Mandela's birthday coming up July 18th. Being behind the scenes of a camera set is actually alot of fun, some people say its intimidating but how can it be when you're just dancing with your friends?

Tuesday I had the day off to do what I wanted. So I gluttony slept till 9:30 then went off with a friend to Sea Point, a lovely beach area on the edge of Cape Town with lots of cute shops and good food.  Not to mention beach babes with six pack abs kicking round a soccer ball. Come evening, I was taken to Signal Hill which is a hill on top of cape town that many people come to sit and picnic while watching the sunrise /sunset. We were a little late for the sunset but I got to watch the last few minute of the sun fall over the Atlantic Ocean and the rest of Cape Town. It was an absolutely priceless moment, honestly so beautiful. I ended the night by eating out at a fancy restaurant in Camps Bay which is almost like LA. It's the "hot spot" in Cape Town where you can find celebrities or fast cars.

And today I got up early and hiked Table Mountain, the seventh wonder of the world. It took about two hours and I couldn't help but stop every few steps to look down where I came from to say "damn this place is beautiful". Once at the top you can see all of Cape Town and beyond, it is the highest point in South Africa. There is a cafe and tourist shop at the top as well. A cable car is also available for those who don't want to hike up, and only takes 5 minutes to get to the top. And if hiking that big mountain wasn't enough exercise for me today, I went on to teach a two hour contemporary dance class to a small company in Constantia. The days I don't stop moving are the days I don't stop smiling.
Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa 
Peace and love
 -Annie

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see all your pictures and hear more! Love you

    ReplyDelete